Virtual Flight Instructor – Instrument, or VFII, is a stand-alone, scenario-based IFR instruction and evaluation program that utilizes a virtual CFII to guide pilots through a progression of flight lessons centered on the requirements found in the FAA’s Instrument Rating Practical Test Standards guide.
VFII is perfect for pilots in the process of obtaining an instrument rating, or for instrument pilots that maybe haven’t flown IFR in a while and are in need of a refresher. It offers a multitude of lessons of varying skill levels from basic straight and level flying to highly complex flying scenarios. Each lesson is evaluated and logged for future reference so pilots can track their progress and refine those skill areas in need of additional attention.
- System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, or 7, 32 or 64 bit. Not compatible with Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating systems.
- 1.0 GHz (or faster) Intel or AMD Processor
- 1 GB of RAM
- 1.2 GB of available hard disk space
- 64 MB or better NVIDIA-brand OpenGL accelerated graphics card
- At least one free USB port for connecting USB hardware; a USB hub may be required to connect multiple USB devices
- One free Serial port for connecting older-style serial hardware (if needed)
- Keyboard/Mouse or similar pointing device
Download the installer for this program from the “thank you for your order” confirmation page or the email that will be send to you following your purchase. Download the file, run the setup, follow the steps during installation and begin using VFII. You do not need a serial number during installation.