The offered ELITE Enstrom 480 Training Device is a full replica of the actual E480 Flight Deck environment and its functionalities.
All relevant Flight Deck controls, panels, knobs, switches, and other components found in the actual aircraft Flight Deck are replicated in size, look, feel and functionality in the Training Device.
In addition to aircraft hardware, the aircraft systems and avionics are simulated in detail to ensure the ability to represent and train virtually all phases of flight under normal, abnormal, and emergency conditions. Behind the Training Devices Flight Deck is an Instructor Operating Station with sufficient room for the instructor and an observer.
This proposed solution includes dual controls which have been built into an accurate replica of the Enstrom 480 cockpit. The flight controls, instrument shrouds and pilots seating position emulate the actual aircraft very closely to ensure maximum muscle retention and learning. The flight model for the aircraft has been programmed with the assistance of pilots who have flown the actual aircraft in question. The footprint of this device would be relative to the actual aircraft cut off just behind the pilot’s seat in the aircraft. The instrument shroud and other panels are very accurate replications of those found in the aircraft with the center console containing most of the navigation units that are found in the actual aircraft.
Outside and in front of the Training Device is a curved projection screen where the synthetic world is projected on by three high-definition projectors that are mounted above the Training Device. The result is a highly accurate Flight Deck and large-scale visual system that provides an immersive training environment that puts pilots in an incredibly realistic simulated environment where they can learn jet flying skills that are nearly impossible to train using actual aircraft.
The Instructor Operator Station by ELITE provides the following components and functionalities:
· Instructor Station Control Panel with intuitive touch-screen GUI
· Instructor station enclosure with Instructor desk, two Flat panel touch monitors intuitive and ergonomic layout, and functionality
Software capable of
o easily repositioning the aircraft to a variety of ground and Flight positions instantly
o adjusting the time to include dawn, day, dusk, and night
o adjusting the weather such as winds, cloud cover, visibility, rain, and snow
o activating Pause, Reposition, and Event Marking
· Loading saved scenarios to include: aircraft position, aircraft configuration, and weather parameters
· Track and Departure/Approach plots to be recorded, displayed, stored, and printable
· Simulation of a variety of failures which include, but are not limited to: engine failures, APU failures, Cargo failures, hot/hung starts and gear malfunctions, electrical failures as well as minor system faults
· Display of a moving map that shows aircraft position, surrounding airports, and navigational aids
The ELITE E480 meets the following certification criteria:
The names Enstrom, Enstron 480 and E480, as well as related names, marks, emblems, and images, are registered trademarks of their respective owners. ELITE is not affiliated with any brand.
Pictures and setups may differ from the actual product, and depend on the options selected. All pictures and documents available on this website are strictly nonbinding.