Features of the ELITE Bell 412 EPI & EP:
The offered ELITE Bell 412 Training Device is a full replica of the actual B412 Flight Deck environment and its functionalities.
All relevant Flight Deck controls, panels, knobs, switches, and other components found in the actual aircraft Flight Deck are replicated in size, look, feel and functionality in the Training Device.
In addition to aircraft hardware, the aircraft systems and avionics are simulated in detail to ensure the ability to represent and train virtually all phases of flight under normal, abnormal, and emergency conditions. Behind the Training Devices Flight Deck is an Instructor Operating Station with sufficient room for the instructor and an observer.
This proposed solution includes dual controls which have been built into an accurate replica of the Bell 412 EPI. The flight controls, instrument shrouds, and pilots seating position emulate the actual aircraft very closely to ensure maximum muscle retention and learning. The flight model for each aircraft has been programmed with the assistance of pilots who have flown the actual aircraft. The footprint of this device would be relative to the actual aircraft cut-off just behind the pilot’s seat. The instrument shroud and overhead panel are very accurate replications of those found in the aircraft with the center console containing replicas of most of the navigation units that are found in the actual aircraft
Outside and in front of the Training Device is a curved projection screen where the synthetic world is projected on by three high-definition projectors that are mounted above the Training Device. The result is a highly accurate Flight Deck and large-scale visual system that provides an immersive training environment that puts pilots in an incredibly realistic simulated environment where they can learn jet flying skills that are nearly impossible to train using actual aircraft.
The B412 EPI & B412 EP Flight Decks consist of the following:
- Twin engine based on the Pratt and Whitney PT6T 9 Twin pack
- Accurate Bell Basix reproduction.
- Accurate center console replication.
- Flight tests performed by experienced Bell 412 Pilots.
- Optional vibration system
- Replica Fibreglass Cockpit
- Accurate Cyclic, collective, and A/T Pedals
- Detailed instruments
- Accurate sub-panel
- Powerful Force Feedback
- Type-specific Emergency Procedures
- Multiple advanced Emergencies
- Accurate startup and shutdown sequences
- Dual GNS 430 Replicas
The main simulation features:
- Bell Basix Pro: ELITE has developed an accurate Pilot and Co-Pilot PFD and MFD based on the Bell Basix Pro glass cockpit configuration. The system operates in both 4-axis and 3-axis Auto-Pilot mode. The Auto-Pilot is integrated with AL 300 instrument. The system is also designed with standby instrumentation. The Garmin GPS system has an updatable database and emergency procedures are integrated through the state-of-the-art instructor’s station.
- Cockpit: Due to the expense and shortage of actual cockpits available in the market, ELITE uses a tried and tested “rapid prototyping process” to create cockpits for our simulators. This process then enables us to produce multiple cockpits which are very accurate in both size and shape to the actual aircraft. To date this process has been used to manufacture our Bell 206, Bell 412 EPI, Grand Caravan 208 and Air Tractor 802 cockpits.
- Controls: The Dual cyclic controls system with optional control loading. The Dual connected throttle comes complete with an idle stop release for ENG1 and ENG2 and a customizable Bell 412 collective head for both the pilot and co-pilot. The rugged A/T pedals installed in the aircraft allow accurate muscle memory learning to be maximized. The ELITE B412 system is fitted with force feedback on the Cyclic giving a more realistic and immersive flight experience
- Center console; The center console of the Bell 412 contains the majority of the navigation equipment and units found in the actual aircraft. Units found in the Center console include an Engine control module, a custom Bell 412 radio stack with Nav/Com, an ADF, DME, and a transponder. Bell 412 autopilot module, Audio panel, and a course and heading module.
- Force Feedback: Force feedback on the controls ensures an accurate feel to the control surfaces with changes in airspeed and weight configurations, resulting in a realistic control feel, which adds to the development of muscle memory and rapid emersion into the simulation scenario.
- Aerodynamics: A very accurate aerodynamic and realistic feel during flight has been developed. Our flight model software for the device has been developed with the aid of extensive feedback from Bell Pilots to ensure a realistic and accurate flight model.
- Cockpit enclosure: The device enclosure consists of a Fiberglass shell that has been built to replicate the exact same shape and dimensions of the actual aircraft.
- Sound System: ELITE makes use of state-of-the-art sound equipment that generates accurate engine and system sounds thereby adding to a more rapid and accurate emersion and generation of a lasting learning experience.
- Scenery System: The flight platform scenery software provides a worldwide database of airports, terrain, and major city outlines. In addition to this extensive database, ELITE can optionally also build a specific accurate scenery representation of at least one base that your organization operates from. The database of this software is able to be updated with the latest information from real-world sources.
- 200-degree horizontal and 45-degree vertical, curved, movie-quality projector screen and frame
- Three overhead projectors to create a high-definition (HD) visual environment which simulates frontal and side window visual effects
- 5760 x 1080 pixels (6.2 million pixels)
- Pilot in Commands FOV Eye Point Adjustment through IOS station
- Warping and Edge Blending
- Structure for projector support
- Features full immersion during the training session
Instructor Operator Station
The Instructor Operator Station by ELITE provides the following components and functionalities:
· Instructor Station Control Panel with intuitive touch-screen GUI
· Instructor station enclosure with Instructor desk, two Flat panel touch monitors intuitive and ergonomic layout, and functionality
Software capable of
· Easily repositioning the aircraft to a variety of ground and Flight positions instantly
· Adjusting the time to include dawn, day, dusk, and night
· Adjusting the weather such as winds, cloud cover, visibility, rain, and snow
· Activating Pause, Reposition, and Event Marking
· Loading saved scenarios to include: aircraft position, aircraft configuration, and weather parameters
· Track and Departure/Approach plots to be recorded, displayed, stored, and printable
· Simulation of a variety of failures
· Display of a moving map that shows aircraft position, surrounding airports, and navigational aids
The ELITE B412 meets the following certification criteria:
- FAA AATD (Advanced Aircraft Training Device) and FTD level 4-5
- CASA CAT B FSD 2
The names Bell, Bell 412, and B412, as well as related names, marks, emblems, and images, are registered trademarks of their respective owners. ELITE is not affiliated with any brand.
Pictures and setups may differ from the actual product, and depend on the options selected. All pictures and documents available on this website are strictly nonbinding.