Features of the ELITE Bell 505:
The offered ELITE Bell 505 Training Device is a full replica of the actual Bell 505 Flight Deck environment and its functionalities.
All relevant Flight Deck controls, panels, knobs, switches, and other components found in the actual aircraft Flight Deck are replicated in size, look, feel and functionality in the Training Device.
In addition to aircraft hardware, the aircraft systems and avionics are simulated in detail to ensure the ability to represent and train virtually all phases of flight under normal, abnormal, and emergency conditions. Behind the Training Devices Flight Deck is an Instructor Operating Station with sufficient room for the instructor and an observer.
This proposed solution includes dual controls which have been built into an accurate replica of the particular aircraft chosen in this case a Bell 505. The flight controls, instrument shrouds and pilots seating position emulate the actual aircraft very closely to ensure maximum muscle memory retention and learning. The flight model for the aircraft has been programmed with the assistance of pilots who have flown the actual aircraft in question. The footprint of this device would be relative to the actual aircraft cut-off just behind the pilot’s seat in the aircraft. The instrument shroud and overhead panel are very accurate replications of those found in the aircraft with the center console containing most of the navigation units that are found in the actual aircraft.
Outside and in front of the Training Device is a curved projection screen where the synthetic world is projected on by three high-definition projectors that are mounted above the Training Device. The result is a highly accurate Flight Deck and large-scale visual system that provides an immersive training environment that puts pilots in an incredibly realistic simulated environment where they can learn jet flying skills that are nearly impossible to train using actual aircraft.
The Bell 505 Flight Deck consists of the following:
- Controls: The Dual cyclic controls system with force trim system. The Dual connected throttle comes complete with customizable Bell 505 collective head. The rugged A/T pedals installed in the aircraft allows accurate muscle memory learning to be maximized. The ELITE 505 system is fitted with force trim release on the Cyclic giving a more realistic and immersive flight experience
- Center console: The center console of the Bell 505 simulator will contain the navigation equipment and units found in the actual aircraft. The G1000H replica unit uses software that is able to replicate the actual units and the database is updatable.
- Cockpit: Due to the expense and shortage of actual cockpits available in the market, ELITE uses a tried and tested “rapid prototyping process” to create cockpits for our simulators. This process then enables us to produce multiple cockpits which are very accurate in both size and shape to the actual aircraft. To date this process has been used to manufacture our Bell 206, Bell 412 EPI, Grand Caravan 208 and Air Tractor 802 cockpits.
The main simulation features:
- Controls: Realistic collective and cyclic, and Rudder Pedals.
- Avionics: Glass cockpit instrumentation replicates the exact configuration of the Bell 505 aircraft which function almost exactly the same as the real gauges do in the actual aircraft ensuring maximum transfer of learning and muscle memory retention but at a fraction of the cost.
- Force Feedback: Force feedback on the Control Stick ensures an accurate feel to the control surfaces with changes in airspeed and weight configurations, resulting in a realistic control feel, which adds to the development of muscle memory and rapid emersion into the simulation scenario.
- Aerodynamics: A very accurate aerodynamic and realistic feel during flight has been developed. Our flight model software for the device has been developed with the aid of extensive feedback from Bell Pilots to ensure a realistic and accurate flight model.
- Cockpit enclosure: The device enclosure consists of a Fiberglass shell that has been built to replicate the exact same shape and dimensions of the actual aircraft.
- Sound System: ELITE makes use of state-of-the-art sound equipment that generates accurate engine and system sounds thereby adding to a more rapid and accurate emersion and generation of a lasting learning experience.
- Scenery System: The flight platform scenery software provides a worldwide database of airports, terrain, and major city outlines. In addition to this extensive database, ELITE can optionally also build a specific accurate scenery representation of at least one base that your organization operates from. The database of this software is able to be updated with the latest information from real-world sources.
- 200-degree horizontal and 45-degree vertical, curved, movie-quality projector screen and frame
- Three overhead projectors to create a high-definition (HD) visual environment which simulates frontal and side window visual effects
- 5760 x 1080 pixels (6.2 million pixels)
- Pilot in Commands FOV Eye Point Adjustment through IOS station
- Warping and Edge Blending
- Structure for projector support
- Features full immersion during the training session
Instructor Operator Station
The Instructor Operator Station by ELITE provides the following components and functionalities:
· Instructor Station Control Panel with intuitive touch-screen GUI
· Instructor station enclosure with Instructor desk, two Flat panel touch monitors intuitive and ergonomic layout, and functionality
Software capable of
· Easily repositioning the aircraft to a variety of ground and Flight positions instantly
· Adjusting the time to include dawn, day, dusk, and night
· Adjusting the weather such as winds, cloud cover, visibility, rain, and snow
· Activating Pause, Reposition, and Event Marking
· Loading saved scenarios to include: aircraft position, aircraft configuration, and weather parameters
· Track and Departure/Approach plots to be recorded, displayed, stored, and printable
· Simulation of a variety of failures
· Display of a moving map that shows aircraft position, surrounding airports, and navigational aids
The ELITE Bell 505 meets the following certification criteria:
- FAA AATD (Advanced Aircraft Training Device) and FTD level 4-5
- CASA CAT B FSD 2
The names Bell, B505 and Bell 505, as well as related names, marks, emblems, and images, are registered trademarks of their respective owners. ELITE is not affiliated with any brand.
Pictures and setups may differ from the actual product, and depend on the options selected. All pictures and documents available on this website are strictly nonbinding.