Features of the ELITE Bell 206:
The offered ELITE Bell 206 Training Device is a full replica of the actual B206 Flight Deck environment and its functionalities.
All relevant Flight Deck controls, panels, knobs, switches, and other components found in the actual aircraft Flight Deck are replicated in size, look, feel and functionality in the Training Device.
In addition to aircraft hardware, the aircraft systems and avionics are simulated in detail to ensure the ability to represent and train virtually all phases of flight under normal, abnormal, and emergency conditions. Behind the Training Devices Flight Deck is an Instructor Operating Station with sufficient room for the instructor and an observer.
The flight controls, the instrument shroud, and the pilot and co-pilot’s seating position emulate the actual position in the aircraft very closely, which ensures maximum muscle retention and learning. The instrument shroud and other panels are very accurate replications of those found in the aircraft with the cyclic, collective, A/T pedals, center console, and overhead panel.
The flight model is based on researched flight data and feedback from Bell 206 pilots to bring the flight model closer to the actual aircraft. The footprint of this device would be relative to the actual aircraft cut-off just behind the pilot’s seat in the aircraft.
Outside and in front of the Training Device is a curved projection screen where the synthetic world is projected on by three high-definition projectors that are mounted above the Training Device. The result is a highly accurate Flight Deck and large-scale visual system that provides an immersive training environment that puts pilots in an incredibly realistic simulated environment where they can learn jet flying skills that are nearly impossible to train using actual aircraft.
The B206 Flight Deck consists of the following:
- Single engine turbine based on the Allison 250-C20B.
- Accurate Analog/Aspen reproduction.
- Accurate centre console replication.
- Flight tests performed by experienced Bell 206 Pilots.
- Optional vibration system
- Replica Fibreglass Cockpit
- Accurate Cyclic, collective and A/T Pedals
- Detailed instruments
- Accurate sub-panel
- Powerful Force Feedback
- Type-specific Emergency Procedures
- Multiple advanced Emergencies
- Accurate startup and shutdown sequences
The main simulation features:
- Avionics and Instrument Systems: The avionics and instrument systems will be a reasonable replica of all of the instrumentation and navigational units found in the Bell 206, including the Garmin GNS430 GPS units (with updatable Jeppesen database), Vertical Speed Indicator, Compass, Attitude Indicators, Turn and Bank indicators, Distance Measuring Indicators, Automatic Direction Finders, Instrument Landing System and Marker Beacons, amongst others.
- Flight Dynamics: Flight Dynamics will be a close representation of those found in the actual aircraft.
- Instrumentation: The instruments and onboard equipment react and respond automatically to responding changes induced by the Pilot, as well as reacting realistically to changes in weather conditions.
- Audible Devices: Communication, navigation, and other warning devices match the equipment installed in the actual aircraft.
- Emergency Procedures: Emergency procedures built into the flight software will include ground operation emergencies, take-off emergencies, in-flight emergencies, and landing emergencies as well as miscellaneous failures that can all be activated via the IOS. Additional emergency procedures can be added to match the required training procedures. (List of Emergency procedures Annexure C)
- Data Base: The Bell simulator comes with a worldwide database and generic scenery.
- Control Forces: The control forces in the Bell simulator emulate those in the actual aircraft very closely and include a force trim release system incorporated into the Cyclic.
- Lighting: Interior lighting is sufficient to enable adequate visibility in the Cockpit.
- Communication: Communication equipment allows communication between the Pilot and Co-Pilot and the instructor using aviation headsets.
- Sounds: Relevant sounds are emulated in the software.
- Centre Console and other panels: The center console and other panels of the Bell simulator are a close replica of that found in the customer’s aircraft.
- Controls: The dual cyclic system has a force trim release system.
- Terrain Data: Display of detailed terrain of selected areas including elevation data and navigation data is included as well as basic representation of worldwide terrain.
- 200-degree horizontal and 45-degree vertical, curved, movie-quality projector screen and frame
- Three overhead projectors to create a high-definition (HD) visual environment which simulates frontal and side window visual effects
- 5760 x 1080 pixels (6.2 million pixels)
- Pilot in Commands FOV Eye Point Adjustment through IOS station
- Warping and Edge Blending
- Structure for projector support
- Features full immersion during the training session
Instructor Operator Station
The Instructor Operator Station by ELITE provides the following components and functionalities:
· Instructor Station Control Panel with intuitive touch-screen GUI
· Instructor station enclosure with Instructor desk, two Flat panel touch monitors intuitive and ergonomic layout, and functionality
Software capable of
· Easily repositioning the aircraft to a variety of ground and Flight positions instantly
· Adjusting the time to include dawn, day, dusk, and night
· Adjusting the weather such as winds, cloud cover, visibility, rain, and snow
· Activating Pause, Reposition, and Event Marking
· Loading saved scenarios to include: aircraft position, aircraft configuration, and weather parameters
· Track and Departure/Approach plots to be recorded, displayed, stored, and printable
· Simulation of a variety of failures
· Display of a moving map that shows aircraft position, surrounding airports, and navigational aids
The ELITE B206 meets the following certification criteria:
- FAA AATD (Advanced Aircraft Training Device) and FTD level 4-5
- CASA CAT B FSD 2
The names Bell, Bell 206 and B206, as well as related names, marks, emblems, and images, are registered trademarks of their respective owners. ELITE is not affiliated with any brand.
Pictures and setups may differ from the actual product, and depend on the options selected. All pictures and documents available on this website are strictly nonbinding.