ELITE XTS Home
ELITE XTS is the feature packed version of ELITE’s home software line, a program designed to help pilots train the way they fly. XTS offers a variety of single and multi-engine aircraft, 4k instrument panel resolution in widescreen format, GNS and GTN series GPS options, AHRS style avionics displays, night instrument panels, ForeFlight, Garmin Pilot, and other compatible EFB connectivity and much more. XTS now includes ELITE software add-ons such as instrument approach scenarios, Sim-to-App, and IPM module for handheld GPS connectivity.
XTS Home Update 9/30/2019: If you ordered XTS Home before this date you can re-download the program, and reinstall the software free of charge. Access your downloads at flyelite.com/my-account. Changes in this update include a new start up screen with a new way of selecting the aircraft and avionics combinations you wish to fly, and a correction of the GPS course deflection sensitivity.
What’s Included in ELITE XTS?
- New AHRS (E500) style avionics options available on every aircraft
- GNS 430WAAS and GNS 530WAAS
- GTN 650 & 750 GPS (additional add-on purchase)
- 1080P & 4K (16-9) instrument panel resolution in widescreen format
- Night instrument panels (with dimming)
- SimControlX remote instructor station compatibility (iPad App)
- Ability to control on-screen GPS with no additional hardware module (must use mouse)
- New dynamic weather settings and instructor station functions
- Option of having Genview external visual on separate monitor
- Option for Instructor station + Weather/Failures on two separate live monitors
- Wi-fi EFB connectivity for ForeFlight and Garmin Pilot and other compatible apps
- Instrument Approach Scenarios add-on program included
- IPM Module which allows handheld GPS’s to connect to ELITE software
- Quick time presets
- Integrated weather pages
- Redesigned game controller screen
- Control loading support (Pro Panel III required)
- EFS40/EADI 40 external hardware support
- 8.33 kHZ Com spacing
- Multi Sound device selector
- Windows 10 Speech generator support
What aircraft is included in ELITE XTS?
- Archer III (17 panel configurations)
- Arrow IV (17 panel configurations)
- Baron 58 (13 panel configurations)
- Bonanza A36 (13 panel configurations)
- Cessna 172R (17 panel configurations)
- Cessna 172S (17 panel configurations)
- Cessna 182S (17 panel configurations)
- King Air B200 (13 panel configurations)
- Money M20J (13 panel configurations)
- Seneca III (13 panel configurations)
To see the complete screen shot list visit: https://flyelite.com/xts-elite-aircraft
How many variations per airplane are included?
- Steam Gauge with no GPS
- Steam Gauge with GNS 430W or 530W
- E-500 AHARS with GNS 430W or 530W
- EADI 40 with no GPS (High Performance aircraft)
- EADI 40 with GNS 430W or 530W (High Performance aircraft)
- EADI 40 with GTN 650 or 750 (GTN add-on required)(High Performance aircraft)
- EFS40 with no GPS (High Performance aircraft)
- EFS40 with GNS 430W or 530W (High Performance aircraft)
- EFS40 with GTN 650 or 750 (GTN add-on required)(High Performance aircraft)
- Steam Gauge with GTN 650 or 750 (GTN add-on required)
- E-500 AHARS with GTN 650 or 750 (GTN add-on required)
Before purchasing the downloadable software, please read:
ELITE XTS is now downloadable for customers upgrading from a previous version of ELITE software. Customers must have an appropriate WIBU Key from ELITE Premium version v8.0 or higher. The WIBU Key is still REQUIRED in order to run ELITE XTS. If you do not have a WIBU Key, you will need to purchase the boxed version of XTS.
These scenarios feature a realistic ATC environment, with other aircraft giving you a dramatic sense of being there. ELITE gives you rich visual weather, cloud effects, mist and changing visibility and some improved functionality. Experience the Wisconsin/Illinois (EC3), Florida (SE3)& Southern California (SW3) Approaches in this IAS combo pack.
ATC-DRIVEN APPROACH SCENARIOS FOR SE-3 (Florida)
Practice realistic approach situations in a real-time, non-threatening environment. 25 approaches at 20 airports in Central and South Florida. These interactive scenarios are driven by the voices of authentic controllers who will expose you to a variety of approaches with realistic, and often challenging, clearances. You’ll get holds, missed approaches, NDBs, full approaches with procedure turns, plus a variety of surprises you must be prepared for, but may not get the chance to fly in the real world very often. This is simply the safest and most efficient way to experience, practice and perfect all aspects of approaches under simulated IFR conditions.
USSE included airports are the following:
St.Petersburg, Lakeland, Fort Myers, Naples, Immokalee, Orlando, DeLand, Sanford, Daytona, Ormond Beach, Ft. Pierce, Vero Beach, West Palm Beach, Melbourne,Ft. Lauderdale, Pompano, Boca Raton, Kendall-Tamiami.
ATC-DRIVEN APPROACH SCENARIOS FOR EC-3 (IL/WI)
USEC included airports are the following:
Champaign/Urbana, Dupage (West Chicago), Milwaukee/General Mitchell, Rockford, Springfield/Capital
USSW features included are the following:
- 28 different approaches in the Southern California area
- ILS Approaches
- Localizer Approaches
- Localizer Back Course Approaches
- VOR/DME Approaches
- NDB Approaches
- 12 Featured Airports
Tired of getting up from the pilot seat to change aircraft position or weather? Would you like to have a comprehensive instructor/operation station (IOS) on your iPad with your EFB? ELITE XTS software is now compatible with the powerful iPad app, SimControlX.
SimControlX is the perfect in-flight companion that helps you focus on the fun of flying without having to navigate tedious simulator menus for routine tasks. Users can try the app from the App Store. SimControlX can be easily installed on your existing iPad and provides a worldwide moving map along with control over weather, scenarios, repositioning, aircraft system failures and many more features within ELITE XTS.
All of this is achieved over a wireless connection to the simulator, allowing solo pilots and instructors to set up their simulator in-flight without getting out of their seats. Users looking for more powerful features on their app or flight schools with commercial use-cases can upgrade to SimControlX Pro by purchasing a license here. SimControlX Pro brings several additions to SimControlX’s already robust feature set, including geo-referenced US IFR charts, advanced weather presets, flight review, vertical approach profile, and cockpit-like instrument readouts.
Wi-fi EFB connectivity
ELITE’s software enables users of ELITE training software to connect the software to certain iPad flight apps—allowing pilots to bring real-world cockpit practices into the simulated flight environment. With this software and a local WiFi network router (provided by user), your simulated aircraft position in the ELITE software will appear geo-referenced on Sectional and IFR Enroute charts, IFR Approach Plates, and Airport Taxi Diagrams (if those features are part of the App you are using). Currently, the ELITE Sim-to-App software supports the following iPad apps:
Handheld GPS connection
Handheld GPS units and EFBs have become extremely valuable navigation companions in recent years. The relatively low cost and capability of these devices is impressive, many with functionality rivaling some of the most sophisticated panel-mount technology. Unfortunately, until now, there has been no good way to thoroughly learn and practice flying with these devices BEFORE climbing in the cockpit. ELITE recognized this need and now supports communication with handheld GPSs and EFBs so you can fly with your specific device, on your computer, at your convenience.
Become proficient in the use of your handheld GPS and/or EFB devices before heading out to the aircraft. Plan a trip then fly it on ELITE utilizing all the same tools you’ll use on the actual flight. Flying a dry run on the sim will give you a chance to tweak any aspect of your planning/programming as necessary to obtain maximum safety and utility from your aircraft. And, maybe most importantly, simply become familiar with the trip and the integration of the devices in a real-time flight environment.
The protocol supported:
Sound channel selector
ELITE now offers the ability to select your sound where they belong, no more will you have a difficult time listening to the ATIS or ATC scenarios. Assigning channels, will allow you to send the sound to the appropriate device with the correct volume level.
The current sound selectors are the following:
- Engine Sound
- Pumps/Avionics Fan
ELITE Professional XTS Minimum System Requirements:
Download: 2 Gigabyte
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit), Windows 10 (32 or 64 bit), Windows 11
- 5th Gen Intel Core i3 (equivalent or better) (2.0GHz +) (Xeon and AMD CPUs are not recommended)
- 4 GB of RAM
- 5 GB of available hard disk space
- 2 GB or better NVIDIA-brand OpenGL accelerated graphics card REQUIRED (Two Port or more Video Card for Multiple monitors option–Instrument Panel monitor & Instructor station monitor, external visual, map page)
- At least one free USB port for connecting USB hardware; a USB hub may be required to connect multiple USB devices
- Keyboard/Mouse or similar pointing device
- Internet required for GPS activation
ELITE does NOT guarantee compatibility with every computer system, even if specification are followed.
Before purchasing the downloadable upgrade software, please read:
ELITE XTS is now downloadable for customers upgrading from a previous version of ELITE software. Customers must have an appropriate WIBU Key from ELITE Premium version v8.0 or higher. The WIBU Key is still REQUIRED in order to run ELITE XTS. If you do not have a WIBU Key, you will need to purchase the boxed complete version of XTS.